VIM in Belize No Longer

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Stanley Isherwood, Anglican priest, writing from Cobourg, Ontario, preparing to join the congregation of St. Joseph, in Punta Gorda, Belize

I thought, as the time for departure races towards me, that I should probably set up a blog and give people the opportunity to keep in touch. However, not being very computer savvy, I'm having a terrible time getting used to working with the program! Can't figure out how to get my picture in the proper place on the Profile, can't seem to import pictures which aren't jpeg - it all sounds so easy until I come to doing it. I'll probably be saying exactly the same thing once I arrive in Punta Gorda and begin my ministry there.

Who knows when this journey began, other than 68 years ago - but I date it from March 2004. My wife, Jane, had died a year and a half earlier, I was retired but healthy, busy but unfulfilled. So - contact Volunteers in Mission. And some 16 months later I was in Toronto attending a 2 1/2-week orientation for mission, with a wonderfully mixed bag of other missioners heading out to all parts of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home