VIM in Belize No Longer

Monday, December 04, 2006

In the garden


Witness to my one minuscule success at Belizean gardening. Some of you will know my fascination with sunflowers. When I was at St. Monica’s Church in east end Toronto we had a couple of Annual Sunflower Services. Perhaps I’ll try my hand at a sunflower garden when I get back home. Others of you can try orchids or bonsai - I know my limitations!

I did plant some tomato seeds in a cardboard box and got them to about 3 inches. Then I put them in the garden and not one. survived. We marked them with sticks and I think the crabs and chickens just followed the markers and ate the delicacies

O yes, I did plant the top of a pineapple and it seems to be doing quite well. However, it takes a couple of years before there is a new pineapple so that will remain for someone else to harvest.

Have any other seeds, of the spiritual kind, been planted? It’s hard to tell. But we trust so, and that God himself will give the increase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home