VIM in Belize No Longer

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthplace of Babe Ruth

On my developing tour of those national shrines known as "ballparks" I found myself last week in Baltimore!
Hotwire found me a very reasonably priced hotel in the part of town known as Mount Vernon, "the place to live in Baltimore throughout the later half of the 1800's and into the early 1900's (if you were wealthy, had status, and a crew of servants, that is). Today Mount Vernon is again a residential, cultural, shopping and entertainment hot spot, retaining its classic elegance, while adding a dynamic "Upper-Urban" edge." Just the place for me don't you think!

More to the point, it is within walking distance of both Camden Yards, home of the Orioles, and the redeveloped Inner Harbor with Aquarium, Museum, etc.

The down side of the trip was that the Blue Jays lost all three games - but I did get a foul ball :). Meanwhile, Synod came and went without me :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home