VIM in Belize No Longer

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Northumberland Ploughing Match

I'm just recently back from a few days in Wisconsin, the Dairy State, so it was appropriate to head out to the farms of Northumberland today. I did not get to see the cows but the horses and tractors. Of course, I have lots of pictures from Wisconsin, though none from farms, but I haven't found time to sort through them yet. So here are a few from today.



This is perhaps my favourite, as the boy gives his father a shove as he sets off to create a new furrow.

This girl was working extremely hard as she learned the single-furrow plough (I think). But she appeared to be enjoying it!

A multi-furrow plough with hydraulic operation - by far the most complex one I saw there.

The teams seemed to work wonderfully together and to need very limited direction. I couldn't really tell whether they were enjoying it or not! Gentle giants indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home