VIM in Belize No Longer

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Pastors' Farewell



Today most of the pastors who are members of the Pastors Fellowship gathered with their wives for a potluck social. It provided an opportunity to bid me farewell, and I responded with the following:

The Pastors of PG

This group of PG pastors made me welcome from the start.
Each let me say just what I thought, each opened up his heart.
They thought that I was different, which I must admit is true.
At home I am the same, you know – just different to you.

When Pastor Salas took the reins, I wasn’t sure at first.
The one who wants to lead can sometimes be the very worst.
But he really is a leader, and he guides us to our goals.
He has a pastor’s heart and so he cares about our souls.

We come from different backgrounds but we share the Father’s love.
When disagreement haunts our way we cast our eyes above.
There’s Nazarene and Baptists and an Anglican from far
Pentecostals too, and more – I don’t know what they are!

We’re pastors all, though John and Dennis aren’t so very sure.
“We’re teacher and we’re nurse,” they say, “at least we were before.”
But now we’ve joined the pastors so I guess that’s where we’re at.
And I would say you’re pastors too, no arguing with that.

When I return to Canada I’ll take you all along.
You see, my love for you is very, very, very, strong.
I’ll miss you all and know that you’ll remember me a while,
And hope that when you think of me you’ll do it with a smile.

Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home