VIM in Belize No Longer

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Expensive Pens!


It's Saturday night and someone will be checking this Blog tomorrow morning so here goes.


This has been a significant week. I'm up two ball point pens - one cost me around $10,000 (that's how much my realtor will get if he sells my house) and the other cost about $200,000 (that's how much my new condo will set me back if my house sells.) And I still have to get a pen from my lawyer!

Today the frink (our controversial downtown open-air skating rink and sometime-to-be-added fountain or other attraction) had it's official opening in Cobourg, with fireworks, free cookies and drinks and lots of skaters doing their thing. I didn't see any protesters. Now that it's here for sure, we're going to try to make the best of it. (OR - Now that it's here, for sure we're going to try to make the best of it.)

Being out of action for 5 weeks has done strange things to my Christmas planning - basically it's shot. For better or worse I have decided to opt out of gift giving, except to very close family, and instead make extra contributions to a couple of charities. I realize that this might have a significant negative impact on the economy in these already bad times, but you can't win them all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home