VIM in Belize No Longer

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Welcome Winter

December 21st - the first day of Christmas and it certainly looks like it here in Cobourg, actually almost everywhere in Canada. I was of two minds whether to stay home this morning or to brave the weather, but the attraction of our church's annual Christmas Carol Service followed by a pot luck dinner was too much. Besides, I had made a cabbage roll casserole to take. It seemed like quite a few people didn't venture out but I got there and back safely.

This evening, though, I succeeded in driving my car into the little ditch at the end of our driveway and getting royally stuck (sorry, no pictures). By the time my son, Stephen, had come out to help, two neighbours had arrived with shovels and it took all four of us to get the car out. Chalk up one reason not to move - great neighbours!

I was coming home from the annual Christmas concert presented by the Cobourg Concert Band, one of the finest town bands in the country. In spite of the challenging weather there were few empty seats in the concert hall. These concerts used to be free but now you have to pay all of $5 with net proceeds this year going to the Salvation Army's Christmas Hamper Program.

More snow is promised for later this week and a white Christmas guaranteed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home