VIM in Belize No Longer

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Milwaukee Art Gallery

Each time I visit a North American city I scout out three things right away: the Episcopal Cathedral, the Ballpark and the Art Gallery. During that dull and dreary week at the end of September I escaped from my home in beautiful Cobourg to the resort village of Lake Geneva, about half way between Chicago and Milwaukee. It was just as dull and dreary there, but I was on holiday and that was what mattered most.

I had visited the Brewers Ballpark once before without ever getting as far as the downtown, so I passed on that. There was no way I could get to the Cathedral for a Sunday morning service, so I just poked my head in at the end of day and joined two other men in the chancel for Evening Prayer - no time for pictures. But the Art Gallery I did get to and with all sorts of time to admire it inside and out. The addition, which I took all the photos of, is both startling and beautiful, designed as if it were a ship sailing out onto the lake.











And here are some of my favourites from the work housed inside.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home