VIM in Belize No Longer

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Happening #3

Good news! Word has arrived that the vehicle for St. Joseph’s is ready to be picked up in Belize City. I’ll be heading there on the Monday morning express bus (with comfortable seats and air conditioning!) and hope to be driving our “new” van back on Tuesday. Of course, there has to be at least one (slight?) complication – I believe the vehicle is longer than our garage. Oh well, we’ll figure out something.

While in the city I hope to catch up with Heather Leslie, a nurse recently arrived from Yellowknife for a few months’ volunteer service in Belize. You can check out her Blog at http://www.heatherinbelize.piczo.com/ While I’m away there will be an event here in PG with a Canadian slant. The Claver College Extension, which offers evening courses, is having the inauguration of their newly equipped kitchen and science lab, and receiving a Risograph. All this has been funded by CIDA, the Canadian International Development Agency. I’m sorry to be missing the glory.

If you don’t already receive my monthly letters and would like to, please leave a comment or email me at: stanley.isherwood@sympatico.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home