VIM in Belize No Longer

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Direct from Dollywood






Direct from Dollywood, Tennessee, Susan Watson and son Travis arrived in PG late Tuesday evening, in time to join me for supper and settle down for a very disturbed night’s sleep (mostly dogs, roosters and rain). Next morning, after Hugh had arrived with his cinnamon buns, work was begun unpacking the glass for St. Joseph’s first (and perhaps only ever) stained glass window! There had been some breakage so we traipsed off to find the glass store, and with a little imagination the necessary design changes were made. Once the pieces had been laid out on the paper cartoon, each one was edged with copper. Then, while Travis worked on the window opening, Susan began the long task of soldering, with a small audience of local children. Well into the evening the work went on with a welcome break for a little “Welcome Susan” event. On Thursday the back will be soldered, the window fitted and, hopefully, installed. The Spirit is descending!

1 Comments:

  • Dear Stanley:
    I am writing from Yellowknife, NWT.
    My name is Heather Leslie and my husband Rick and I have read your site with interest.
    I am a member of Holy Trinity Anglican Church here in YK.
    I am heading for Belize City January 24th, to volunteer with the Anglican school system. I am a nurse and am looking forward to being of service as the school staff direct me.
    As a fellow Canadian I look forward to meeting you.
    PS it's -22 today so Belize is really going to be a treat.

    I have established a web site:
    www.heatherinbelize.piczo.com and my email presently is rick_heather@theedge.ca

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home