VIM in Belize No Longer

Saturday, November 12, 2005



Although perhaps you didn't ask me, no, I won't be going home for Christmas, not this year. I hope there will be too much going on to even consider not being here. Will I be lonely on Christmas Day? Probably, but by then I should have my computer to talk to and through.

Last year there were 58 people in church at St. Joseph's on Christmas Eve, 28 on Christmas Day and 15 the following day for Lessons and Carols. That's quite a turn out. The previous year there were only 3 on Christmas Day! We are still hoping to enact the Christmas Story on the weekend before Christmas. It will take every one of us, but now I've told the other pastors so we're sort of committed.

I thought the rainy season was almost over, but we've been having heavy rains most nights as well as wet days. But as long as you aren't planning on going to the beach, which I'm not, it's fine. Next week will be busy with Canon Philip Wright's consecration as Bishop of Belize. That means 3 days away from PG and I'll be getting my tooth cemented back in.

Both pictures I took yesterday afternoon in front of my home. The store is one of a multitude selling plastic goods and clothing. The boys are the National Champion Volley Ball Team from PG. There was a parade complete with police car, wailing fire truck and about 15 full school busses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home