VIM in Belize No Longer

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wilma!


Word just arrived from the Diocesan Office in Belize City that I should be aware that Wilma is brewing up a storm in the Caribbean and could cause some problems. “I would not want you to stay there in the event of a category 4 or 5 hurricane. Even if you do not go to Belmopan I would want you to move somewhere more inland.” It’s great that they care, but it’s really hard to get very concerned because it’s a beautiful day here with just a pleasant breeze.

But I have just downloaded the Tracking the Eye software which can give you all the information you might need on the storm’s progress, and I'll be ready to move at a moment’s notice. It makes me wonder about my neighbours. They would be in much more danger than I. Where will they go?

Not to worry at the moment. The expected route for the storm takes it well to the north of PG although very close to Cancun before crossing right over Florida and going up the eastern seaboard.

Today is a day for staying close to home. A fridge repair man is in and out and I’m expecting word of a parishioner’s arrival by bus after being discharged from hospital in Belize City (a six hour ride!). We’re hoping to get him admitted to the hospital here as he’s still not very well and his home situation would not be conducive to a quick recovery, or even a slow one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home