VIM in Belize No Longer

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Cookies and tired feet



Well, today was different! Different, that is, from what I expected. I spent the morning over a hot stove baking my first Belizean cookies. They were for the 30 or so kids coming to the youth meeting in nearby (5 miles) Eldrigeville. I was early, and while I was waiting by a stream a young lad offered to find me a crab. He found two, but they were pretty small! Then he caught a dragonfly. Big hunter!

1:30pm was the time for all the leaders to meet and 2pm for the meeting. Not a soul turned up. Oh,oh! Miscommunication somewhere. So I decided to walk back, visiting some parishioners who lived along the way (I hadn’t been to their homes yet) and sharing my cookies. Great success! Three families were having a community fish clean after a very successful catch. Another family, with next to nothing, took two lots of cookies and gave me some tangerines from their tree.

I took flower pictures (what else) along the way and arrived home, still with a few cookies and very tired feet (no picture).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home