VIM in Belize No Longer

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Afternoon Storm Time




It’s late afternoon and we’re in the midst of a typical Punta Gorda tropical rainstorm – a great time to update the Blog. I knew it was going to rain because someone in the Bank parking lot washed his car, and because I had just finished planting some cuttings in the garden (the just shall live by faith) and because I saw the dark clouds coming from the west (we know the times and the seasons). So I decided not to go visiting on my bike but to stay home and…. I though of having a sleep but to do that I’d have to close both doors and all shutters. Otherwise, if the wind changed I’d have a lot of mopping to do. So here I am at the computer which is running on batteries because of the risk, small though it is, of a lightening induced power surge.

We counted the congregation yesterday and came up with 23 adults and 11 children. I’m sure there are one or two others, and am hoping they’ll turn up for Harvest so that we can add them to the list. If they knew they were going to be “added to the list”, perhaps they wouldn’t come!

This is my favourite Belizean flower yet. I don’t know what it’s called but it’s a beauty. Anyone out there know? And here’s a seed I found on the beach at Placencia. I’ll plant it and it might grow here, but in the meantime, anyone recognize it? Try answering in the comments or send me an email.


(Click on pictures to enlarge.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home