VIM in Belize No Longer

Thursday, November 03, 2005



I've just returned from a few days' "holiday"in Belize City. Actually it was more of a business trip, but a change is as good as a rest, they say. The bus is a school bus and the trip takes seven hours each way, so by the time you arrive at either end your rear end needs some TLC. I got quite a few things done including meeting with the people at the Diocesan Office, buying some material to make outfits for the three Magi, and attending an All Saints' Day celebration at All Saints' Church. The accompanying picture is one I took from the speeding bus as we passed along the Hummingbird Highway. Those are rows of orange trees in the distance.

Now it is back to "work". This afternoon the local pastors are meeting at St. Joseph's. Most of them will be there for the first time, I'm sure. On Saturday all the churches are combining for an evening parade and concert by a Belize City band, together with a couple of sermons and altar calls. I have to admit that I'm a little unsure about the whole thing but we'll certainly be taking part.

The other picture is of some young friends of mine bathing in the local creek. Looks refreshing, eh? I made copies of some individual pictures I took of them but haven't delivered them yet. I think they'll be pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home