VIM in Belize No Longer

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Right On Schedule

In our Orientation at the Forum for Global Ministries in Toronto we were warned to expect something of a letdown about months 3-6 of a two-year posting. Mine is only for one year but I think I’m right on schedule! The high hopes one had are somewhat in jeopardy and in the aftermath of things such as a consecration and a visitor I’m left with something of a down feeling. Not serious, I pray, but there nonetheless.

It is truly a blessing to start each weekday with Morning Prayer. It is full of confidence and praise. I had never been particularly faithful in this discipline before, but I am now.

The few days in Belize City and the Consecration of the 14th Bishop of Belize, Philip Wright, were wonderful. I got a new plastic crown for my front tooth, did some shopping and even got my picture in the paper. The 3-hour Service of Consecration and Enthronement was impressive and didn’t seem that long. The picture shows the three Canadians who were at the service, with the new Bishop. The two women are (l-r) Clementina Thomas of the Anglican Church Headquarters in Toronto, and Deacon Tess Meadows of North Vancouver, serving in the Mission of Mango Creek/Monkey River. Clementina stayed over for a couple of days and spoiled me – it was nice.

The planned performance of The Christmas Story is much too close, but things are coming together when they could easily be falling apart. We should be able to do something, even if it’s not all I was hoping for. The picture shows me modeling a magi's robe, but I may well be Herod again!

May you all have a blessed Advent!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home