VIM in Belize No Longer

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas Day




Christmas Day was a good day here. We had a small turn out for Christmas Eve and a better one for the Family Worship Service on Sunday. Two parishioners, who are no longer able to attend, gave an impressive supply of gifts to share with the children.

I had received a gift from someone (I couldn’t remember who) when in Belize City. I opened it during the Christmas message, leaving myself open to be totally embarrassed – suppose it had been underwear! Fortunately it was a presentation ECUSA Prayer Book and a little ceramic cross from the Bishop. Whew!

I was sent a dinner in the afternoon with the season special black cake and in the evening listened to the complete Messiah on CFMX. I rely on the Internet for all sorts of things in addition to this Blog.

This has been a relaxing week, with time to take a day trip to Placencia where I swam in the Caribbean for the first time. Yesterday Deacon Tess visited with a friend from BC who was quite taken with PG (to my surprise). They took me out for a Chinese food supper and then Gill beat us both at Scrabble. This morning they began a long trip northward as Tess heads home after a two-year stint in Belize. She will certainly be missed.

This reminds me that I have now been here for four months already. Looking back it seems like I’ve been here a long time, but looking forward it seems that there’s not much time left!

P.S. Thanks for your cards, they look great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home