VIM in Belize No Longer

Friday, January 05, 2007

Coming Home


Stage One of the descent (perhaps ascent, cartographically) is complete as I drove the van (Echo) from Punta Gorda to Belize City yesterday. There was a little send-off gathering at St. Joseph’s on Tuesday, all the last minute things were completed on Wednesday, and I slipped off before breakfast on Thursday. Two of the local pastors who live along the highway had arranged to feed me, pray with me and love me on my way – a fine sendoff.

The drive was relaxing as I stopped here and there for pictures (above and below), arriving in mid-afternoon at the home of fellow Canadian, Robert Lyon, who will be hosting me until Stage Two next Friday, the flight to Orlando. While here I expect to “veg” mostly with one or two touristy trips – an extended winding down.

I will be checking emails regularly, so feel free…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home