VIM in Belize No Longer

Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Week In Review

Was the highlight of my week really sleeping while one year passed and the next arrived? It's some time since I celebrated the new year coming - the opportunity for making resolutions seems too depressing.

I missed church last Sunday. The power went out and by the time everything was looked after (we have a sump pump) it was too late.

My current Canadian hero, Derek Hatfield from New Brunswick, got knocked out of the Vendee Cup, an amazing single-handed around-the-world sailboat race. http://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/edition-2008/skippers/21/derek-hatfield.html
Thirty boats started and now, just over half way through, there are only fourteen still left in the race, all the rest having had to abandon.

The Canadian Junior Hockey team fared better last night, being down by one goal with just seconds left against the Russians. They tied it, played a scoreless ten minute overtime, and then won on a shootout. Great excitement in Ottawa. Next it's the final against Sweden on Monday.

This week I have to get serious about preparing my house for sale. It's supposed to go on the maket on the 15th. If you know anyone who needs furniture or books or stamps, let me know.

Enough for this diary update, except for another forward from 2006:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home