VIM in Belize No Longer

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Crystal Cathedral

Some close friends had suggested I not bother visiting the Crystal Cathedral while in Anaheim, but when I realized how close it was to my hotel (a 5 minute walk!) I couldn't pass it up.
.

I was impressed. I love clear straight lines and reflections. It was a beautiful warm day (one of the few I didn't need to wear a jacket) and, being a Saturday, the place was almost deserted so I just wandered, never going inside. You can see similar pictures at many sites on the Internet, but perhaps you haven't yet, and anyway, these are special because they're mine!

Above is the central area and below a closer view of the carillon.

Not surprisingly, it was the bell tower which particularly caught my attention, as I imagine it is supposed to do!

I love the way the tower enlarges as you scroll down!

Around the grounds are modern statues of Biblical events, mostly from the life of Jesus but including Moses.


I photographed this representation of the Holy Family from the back because the artist has depicted Jesus in silver (see the hand) which really spoils it for me. Otherwise it, and all the sculptures, are wonderfully life-like.




Jesus inserts himself between the woman "caught in sin" and her accusers.



Jesus receives a repentant sinner.

I don't remember seeing any representations of Jesus on the cross. Interesting.


All in all, very impressive even though I never went inside!









4 Comments:

  • I am a member of the CC and just happened to come across your photos as I was doing some research. These are great pictures and I truly enjoyed viewing them; thank you for posting them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 27, 2011  

  • loved the cool pix of you 'in refection' outside the Crystal Cathedral. quite an allegory!

    me? i'm just an ordinary sinner, surfing the net.

    hope all is good with ya!

    (and no, im notta robotta)

    By Blogger phreedom karess, at March 18, 2012  

  • Thanks both of you, almost a year apart. I enjoy being taken back to past pics and trips - and discovering that someone else has enjoyed them too!

    By Blogger Stanley, VIM, at March 21, 2012  

  • Very good pictures, helped me to do my school project. Thank you very much

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 30, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home