VIM in Belize No Longer

Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Busy Week


Things are moving a little too fast for me now that I’ve got used to the pace of Belize.  On Monday I bussed to Belize City, where I did get to visit with Heather Leslie from Yellowknife, and on Tuesday drove the vehicle back.  (I think I’m going to call it Echo – not very original but better than Vehicle or Van.)  As soon as I called, my friend who made the Christmas Story stage came and took the heavy doors off the garage and converted it into a carport.  On Wednesday I recovered from Monday and Tuesday, on Thursday I was involved in finances and email etc.  On Friday…where did Friday go?  It ended with our first choir practice (three young girls who can sing) and the first errand for Echo, driving them home afterwards.

Today (Saturday) began at 7am when Miss Lois arrived to set up
our little Valentine’s Day Sale.  Moneymakers are especially important as last Sunday we accepted a deficit budget that we need to deal with somehow.  In the afternoon it's off to a field nearby where, I am told, some children will be playing baseball!

Next week looks like a short one
too.  I’ve been invited to visit a friend from long ago who is visiting on Caye Caulker, an island off Belize City.  I think I’ll take my toque – they are forecasting a low of 53F on Tuesday.  Here’s a picture (not mine, just in case I don’t get there).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home