VIM in Belize No Longer

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Caye Visit

<

Conch and barracuda!  Now there’s something to add to my diet.  Quite enjoyable really – for a change.  It was nicely prepared by Pat, my host on Caye Caulker, and I shared it with her, Carol and Beverly.  All three are residents of Ottawa, although Pat grew up in
Belize and owns an orange bungalow right on the Caye Caulker beach.  The Caye (pronounced “key”) is a 50 minute boat taxi ride from Belize City, and fortunately the weather was fine, if a little cool.  We walked and talked and
watched the moon rise over the Caribbean Sea.  Only one sad thing, I lost my “Canada” cap overboard on the way back!

Echo did its job admirably on Friday, taking home the choir girls, and on Sunday, picking up and delivering parishioners.  The general consensus is that it’s “a keeper”.

I have been in close touch with a group from Texas who are coming for a week in March.  They sound so excited and have so much planned!  I know I’ll be exhausted when they leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home