VIM in Belize No Longer

Monday, February 20, 2006

Heavenly Chimes

It’s 7 in the morning and I'm just pulling on my day-off clothes when the chimes begin – heavenly chimes.  What on earth, or in heaven?!  It sounds like they are right in my room!  There they go again.  Wait, I’ve heard them ring somewhere before, a long time ago…O yes, doorbell chimes.  Someone is ringing my doorbell.  Do I have a doorbell?  Five and a half months here at St. Joseph’s rectory and I never knew I had a doorbell!  It’s been great; I don’t think I’ll tell anyone else I have a doorbell– let it be our secret.

It’s a garbage crew here to pick up the mango branches hacked off our tree by my friend Alex, wielding his machete.  And the grass cutter has turned up too with his noisy gas trimmer.  All by 7:30am.  Five months ago it might have bothered me, now I barely hear it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home