VIM in Belize No Longer

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Christmas In March

It was mailed in Cobourg on the last day of November 2005 and arrived in Punta Gorda on the last day of February 2006 – 3 months for my Christmas parcel to arrive.  But it seems to be in perfect condition, well preserved and untampered with.  It cost $70CA to mail, and at approximately 90 days that works out to less than $.78/day – not too bad!  I’m thrilled it has arrived safely, but don’t want to open it alone, so here it sits waiting for someone to share the excitement with me!

The neighbours’ tree has just produced a bumper crop of purple fruit that look something like big plums.  This provides a great deal of entertainment for the local boys as they throw things to knock the fruit down or climb after them.  I though I might get a picture of one of the boys falling out of the tree, but was quite pleased with the one I got of Jose from my second story veranda.

2 Comments:

  • Shona!
    Wonderful to hear from you!!! How did you not know? Are you getting the monthly letters? Make sure everyone knows about this site. I enjoy doing it. Love to all the family,
    Stanley

    By Blogger Stanley, VIM, at March 09, 2006  

  • Hi again!!! Some of your letters are posted at the back of the church but I knew NOTHING about your blog! If I had known about it I would have sent you a message sooner!! I will tell as many people as possible on Sunday.

    Rinchen and the kids are WONDERFUL - Emer is taller than I am and Melshean is thinking about what universities to apply to in September. Oh dear! I will be turning 40 in exactly 16 days and I am TOO EXCITED about that!! I am heading over to Scotland for a week during my birthday. Yippeee!!

    Hope you are well and very happy in what you are doing. God is revealing all kinds of amazing things to me lately and I look forward to talking with you about it.

    Until then, take good care.
    Shona

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home